From: Donna
Sent: 11/27/2004 4:48:32 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] interesting gardening after the storm....

Although I didn't post the pictures of the backyard after our freak snow
storm, some things that I was thought was interesting.

My grasses where all laying down with the weight of the snow and ice.  All
plants were covered with this snow.

Today, as the rains, wind came and snow melted, the grasses stood back up!
Never would I have thought they would since they were already browned and
dormant for the season.

My petunias in the turned whiskey barrel are still alive!... I would have
thought that storm did them in! Also noticed a few other things that were
green, but most of them (like the honeysuckle) do that most of the winter.

Donna

http://www.hort.net/funds/