Re: our storm yesterday

It may seem nice, but it can have its downside. One year we had an
unseasonably warm autumn. The temps remained high into early November
with no real fluctuation. Then a cold front came in fast with rain. Got
very cold very quickly overnight. The trees did not have a tapering off
hardening period and some could not handle it. The top of my favorite
dogwood broke from the pressure; I lost the whole top and center of it.
Ended up looking like a bowl.

...we have not had a frost yet! I cannot believe it.