Re: Christmas giving programs and strange places to look for garden stuff

Fran, we didn't mean to jump on you, just offered some balance. I guess,
too, when I have given anything to any needy person, I always went
through a mediary of some sort. I did not see their reaction. If
something wasn't appreciated and was tossed aside, I wasn't there to see
it happen. You have apparently experienced this first-hand, and I'm sure
it must have been a crushing experience.

We have quite a few HFH homes here in Ft. Wayne. The most recent one wa
personally interesting. As most of you are aware the families need to
invest their own time and efforts in the house they will recieve. This
family was told they had to put in x amount of hours at our Display
Gardens under the tutelage of the MGs. these folks worked their buns off
weeding and mulching while also learning about the things they could do
to take care of their new home landscape. They were great sports to work
with and we really enjoyed their contribution.