Re: Cats--progress note

Since cats fight mostly with their rear feet, I don't think de-clawing their front feet causes any great disadvantage. I don't like it, however.

On Nov 1, 2005, at 8:31 AM, kmrsy wrote:

I'm not against front-declawing. Have done so to all but 2 of my cats. (I
didn't expect those 2 to stick around, so just had them neutered) They all
go out and other than a few minor altercations many years back, it hasn't
seemed to be a problem for them. The 2 that still have front claws do raise
problems on occasion. I've had to cover up an oriental rug to save it. But
for the most part they don't tear up much of anything.

Kitty
neIN, Z5
----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:28 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Cats--progress note

I agree Judy- mine was declawed in the front when he
came home also. I opted for him rather than the young
kitties when I adopted him. Seems around here everyone
wants a young kitty, not an old man of 8 months...
their loss, as he turned out to be a great cat! But he
is not allowed outside due to it.

Donna

--- Judy Browning <judylee@lewiston.com> wrote:

Well, my cat was declawed before she moved in. I
agree it's a horrible thing
& I would never have a cat declawed. But, I won't
turn down a lovely kitty
just because someone else mutilated her. It is nice
not having to worry
about her shredding the "new" sofa.