Re: Cats--progress note

I'll post photos as they occur. I'll try to find a Beans picture, but she was all black and... you know... not very photogenic.

On Nov 1, 2005, at 5:26 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

Hopefully we will be seeing lots of photos soon of the little orator.
Would you mind posting one of Beans  for us?

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Cats--progress note

Yeah, me too. I think they are ether asking questions ["Can I go out?"]
or telling you something that's important to them ["Hey, bozo! My food
bowl needs attention!"]. And once they learn that you will respond to
them in a certain way to a certain sound, they seem to do their best to
use the same sound that got desired results the last time. Animal
behaviorists say cats make something like 109 distinct sounds [dogs
make 8 or 9], and I don't think any of those cat sounds are without
somewhat specific [if primitive] meanings. It's just that we're too
dumb, usually, to figure it out.