Re: Ball gardens...addictions...drought/cat

Sounds eerie, Noreen.  But pleasantly so.

-- TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:
Actually she's not the "new" kitten.....that is Smokie the neck  sucker.  LOL
  This one, we've had since spring, her name was Ms.  Kitty....or so my mom
called her.  Dh wanted to call her Tinkerbell, which  only he liked.  So now
she is officially Ms.  Kitty Patinken.   Now she listens to Kitty and/or  Tink.
Names are always such a confusing thing in our house.  It's  surprising
anyone knows their name....but that is another story.  LOL
Out of all our animals....been numerous.....we've never had an animal that
acted THIS much like another. Each might have a trait like a previous animal,
but each one is very individual.  Flaksey was different than any other cat
we've ever had, who knew not that he was a cat at all.  Kitty acts much  more
cat like than he did, he was literally attached to me....I did NOTHING  without
him.  Kitty is not like that at all, but it's just from day one  that things
were strange.
Flaksey came from my mom's house...was an offspring of an outdoor cat of
theirs. I took him in because he was totally deaf, and we were told he might be
blind, but he wasn't.  He's been gone for about 3 years now, our last cat
died Jan 1 of this year (Flaksey's son).  This past spring, an older kitten
(less than a year, older than 6 months the Vet said) showed up at my mom's,
insisted on coming in.  Showed up out of nowhere.  Mom put signs up  everywhere, no
response.  She didn't want another cat, so Dh went and got  her.  At mom's
she acted like she had been there.  Then when DH  brought her in the door here,
she didn't look around like a new animal  would....she'd never been here,
never met me, not been around dogs, etc.   But Kitty just walked right in, meowed
and climbed up on Flaksey's favorite area  as if she'd lived here her entire
life.  When I walked up to her, she acted  as if she'd known me all along.  Was
not afraid of the dogs at all, rubbed  her head on them like Flaksey had.  We
thought that was odd already, but  then she got down and walked over to where
the food dishes used to be....looked,  then meowed until we put the food and
water dish back in the "right" spot.   Then another odd thing, was that
without hesitation after she ate, walked over  to the garage door and meowed to have
the cat door opened.  That is where  the litter boxes used to be kept.
Hadn't used the pet door or the litter  boxes out there in a couple years.  I had
put the food, water, etc. in one  area, I figured until she would learn where
everything was.  HA!  She  knew already where things were suppposed to be.
Since that first  day, more and more odd things have happened that only a cat
that lived here  would have known.  For instance, Flaksey was the only cat that
would come  outside with me.  Kitty came outside and went right over to the
pond (one  of several) and laid in the exact same spot that Flaksey used to lay
down and  sun himself.   It's not really like she's Flaksey, since she
doesn't really act like him, but she just "knows" things and does things that  only
he would do.  It's really wierd.  Never had that  before. Can't even call the
similarites personality traits at  all, it's more like a memories.
Wonder if she gets Deja vu.  LOL  She sure doesn't seem surprised  by things,
except when it isn't the way it used to be.....we're the ones that  seem
mystified by it all.
I'd been mentioning these things to Bonnie and Pam all along, didnt' think
anyone else would understand.....but since there are so many "cat" people on
this list...or animal folks, I thought I'd take a chance on you all thinking
we're looney.  LOL
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 11/1/2005 9:12:29 AM Central Standard Time,