To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 10:35 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Ball gardens...addictions...drought/cat

We do a haunted house in our front rooms every year.....come rain or shine.
So of course did it again, not knowing if we'd have kids or not. It started
to storm at 4 and by 6 p.m. it was still pouring and thundering. Not
complaining, since we need the rain, but....it was a bit depressing that we had
gone through all the work and then nobody would come. Friends that help even
cancelled. Was depressed, so drank some wine and had some food during the
storm. By 6:30 it let up a bit, and sure enough if at 7 the first kids didn't
arrive.....steady stream till 9:30 when I ran out of candy. Ended up being one
of the best halloweens.

Some of you know that my beloved Flaksey passed a few years back. He was
deaf and thus fearless (or so I thought). He LOVED Halloween. He would sit
right at my side every year and greet the kids, even when he was sick with
cancer, he refused to miss the fun.....screeching music, scarey noises, and
all.....and every time the kids got their goodies, he'd get one too. None of the
other seven cats ever stuck around. They would hide till the end of the
night when all was quiet again. Anyway.....we got a new kitten the begining of
the year....I had been saying how it seemed as if she was Flaksey
reincarnated. She, immediately, upon entering the house for the first time, acted as if
she'd lived there her whole life. Going to where the food dish had been
(hadn't been there in a couple years), hopped right on the top of the back of
the couch where Flaksey sat, and did many of the exact same things that he did.
It was actually eerie. WELL.......guess what......if I hadn't seen it I
would not have believed it, if she didn't come out to the front of the house
and sit right next to me, like Flaksey used to, and greet the kids tonight.
Wasn't the least bit afraid of the deafening noise, the kids, the
screams....nothing. It was as if she "knew" what to do. I'm glad DH was there, as well
as some of the neighbors to witness it, or I might wake up tomorrow and swear
it was a dream. I just had to share that. It still blows my mind. That is
just a bit too much to be coincidence. Hm.....

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 10/31/2005 7:44:32 PM Central Standard Time,