OT: Not exactly good news...need advice

This is off-topic, sorry, but no one I work with can be helpful so I'm going
farther afield.
I got a piece of news that wasn't so great. Apparently I have a basal cell
carcinoma on my nose and I have to have plastic surgery to get it removed.
The good news of course is that once it's gone, it's gone; they are very
common and people get this done all the time. The bad news is that due to
its size and position they are going to have to move a lot of skin around on
my face to patch the hole. (I swear this thing is not really that big. I can
barely see it. But he's the doctor). Two weeks, he says, before I ought to
appear in public, although I gather actual feeling-bad time is only a couple
days, and probably a year before the scars are not noticeable.
I'm such a wimp I don't even like getting my blood pressure taken, let alone
general anesthesia and surgery! I haven't had anything like this before. I
was rattled and I couldn't really think of what questions I should be
asking. I know it's a common operation and they're real blasi about it, but
you know, I'm nervous. What would you want to know if it were you?

Cyndi