To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:13 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] OT: Not exactly good news...need advice

Wow, thanks for all the good responses and the good wishes! I feel much more
reassured now because the doctor did actually go over with me many of the
things you guys mentioned. I have the rest written down so I can call them
and ask. My surgery is scheduled for a few days after Thanksgiving.
When I was a teenager I spent most of my summers on the beach. If they had
sunscreen back then I don't remember it; we brought our bottles of
guaranteed dark tanning lotion or just a bar of cocoa butter. So being
fair-skinned and remembering all that I have been expecting this to happen.
It isn't a shock that I have it, but I never thought I'd need real surgery.
That's the part that's got me in a tizzy.
Kitty, you asked if removal is necessary - if you should get one you do not
want to leave it alone. They say death is rare but it will continue to grow
and cause disfigurement or even nerve damage.
Rats - now I suppose I'll have to wear a hat out gardening. I hate that,
they're too hot. No help for it though.