Re: FYI OT: new computer vulnerability

So you're saying that this spyware is loaded onto your computer just by playing a newER Sony CD that has it?

Kitty

-- Theresa <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Oh- by the way, apparently there is no fix to this problem right now-
they antivirus and sony website solutions only "decloak" the spyware-
they don't remove it.  And apparently the Sony website solution can
cause even more problems.  The antivirus software programs are already
updating to catch the new viruses that are using the security
vulnerability that the spyware creates.  So, if you haven't updated your
anti-virus recently- you should do so pronto. Hopefully with all the
publicity about this disaster, there will be a fix that removes the
spyware completely.  What I have yet to learn is whether the
copy-control programs used by other CD companies are also a problem (I
have a Virgin Records CD that I played on my computer- so rats!).

Theresa