Re: Aloha Even

Donna,

I would guess wildlife -- the hot flower colors go over
well with the butterflies and hummingbirds.  I have some
shrubs for song birds (a few viburnum, a sweetspire all white,
but I didn't really plan it that way).

I seem to like blues and purples.  I planted some blanket
flower among some leadwort and inadvertently created the
'Illini border'.

I can't get away from the blue/orange one.  I planted an
oriental poppy that was supposed to be red with a black center,
but even that came up orange with a lilacish/bluish center!

A very unexpected but very welcome denizen of the garden is
a very small shrew we've nicknamed 'Pip'.  He collects slugs
snails, earwigs and pillbugs.  I don't know if avoiding the
use of pesticides along with voracious appetite is what
attracted him to this place, but I can't take him with us.

Ideally we would like the new place to be somewhat forested,
with a large patch of sun.

-s

--

I saw a small bottle of cologne and asked if it was for sale. She said,

		 -Steven Wright