Re: Iowans- you ok?

Glad to hear you're ok Ceres. The bluster made its way here, still
windy. Hope it dies down as we're working on cleanup in the MG nursery
this afternoon.

-- Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 11/12/05 9:35:47 PM, gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:

> 67 miles from where the one hit (Stratford), but only 21 miles from the
> other (Woodward). Most time tornado's hit a defined area... one block
> destroyed, yet the next is fine. Not like Hurricanes that damage miles
> together!

Donna, yes, I am fine.   I was in Ames at the Perennial Saturday event as was
Rich.   We were held up in the auditorium as the storms hit just as the event
was over.   Just across the lawn was the ISU football game which kick off was
scheduled for 6pm.   Many fans moved to an adjacent coliseum to wait until
the storm passed and the game was delayed until 6:45pm.   Fortunately the storm
did not touch down in this area. Thousands of people were tail gating, in the
stands and just about the area.   Could have been disastrous. Skies were
really nasty looking most of the way home and the winds are still excessive this
     I do hope Rich did not drive home in the storm or the driving winds.
     There was one death in the village of Stratford and the community had to
be evacuated due to gas leaks.
     I am still not getting all my mail.   Rich had sent a message via
gardenchat which I never rcd.   I did email Chris sometime ago but never rcd a
     BTW, Dan Heims was fabulous!!