Re: Happy Birthday Island Jim!

I bet a yard like yours is heaven for a cat. I know my boys enjoy it
here. Other yards have a hosta or daylily, a couple of shrubs, but not
all the fun hiding and snoozing places of a garden like mine. Even in
the dead of winter, on a sunny day they can mosey out to the catnip bar
for a little nip at the tight new leaves at the base.

Kitty

-- james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net> wrote:
Yeah, those leaves are something else.

Well, the main event will be a BBQ this afternoon.

And, no, Kitty-Poops doesn't have a name yet. But she has learned how
to get in and out through the cat door--and seems happier to be in than
out, although she's still exploring the yard.

On Nov 13, 2005, at 10:03 AM, kmrsy@netzero.net wrote:

> Oh, Jim, I especially like the leaves on that Macodes!
> I hope your birthday is just wonderful - and many more. I recall last
> year you overcame an age hurdle, so there's no stopping you now.
> There's
> too many plants out there for you to show us. So what will you do
> today?
> Have you found another name for Pearl yet?
>

> Kitty
>
> -- james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net> wrote:
> Ooops. Didn't mean to send that so soon.
>
> Got interesting stuff yesterday, actually. It was the botanic garden's
> annual plant distribution to members. I got two plants. One is Macodes
> petola, a terrestrial jewel orchid from Southeast Asia; way too small
> to bloom just yet but very fetching leaves with silver and gold veins.
> The other is a Colombian philodendron, P. gloriosum; it has velvet-like
> dark green leaves with white veins. Both will have to be pot plants and
> live in protected areas, but I expect them to survive outdoors.
>
> Pictures at:
>
> 	 	http://hort.net/+132K
>
> On Nov 13, 2005, at 7:05 AM, Donna wrote:
>
>> Happy Birthday Island Jim....
>>
>> So what is the big birthday plans for the day? Hope the birthday fairy
>> brings you something interesting today.....
>>
>> Donna

> Island Jim
> Southwest Florida
> 27.0 N, 82.4 W