Re: Happy Birthday Island Jim!

Nice looking plants, Jim - and good timing for your birthday, too!  Many happy retuns of the day to you -

  Libby

james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net> wrote:  Ooops. Didn't mean to send that so soon.

Got interesting stuff yesterday, actually. It was the botanic garden's
annual plant distribution to members. I got two plants. One is Macodes
petola, a terrestrial jewel orchid from Southeast Asia; way too small
to bloom just yet but very fetching leaves with silver and gold veins.
The other is a Colombian philodendron, P. gloriosum; it has velvet-like
dark green leaves with white veins. Both will have to be pot plants and
live in protected areas, but I expect them to survive outdoors.

Pictures at:

   http://hort.net/+132K

On Nov 13, 2005, at 7:05 AM, Donna wrote:

> Happy Birthday Island Jim....
>
> So what is the big birthday plans for the day? Hope the birthday fairy
> brings you something interesting today.....
>
> Donna

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W