Re: rooting hormones

Keep me informed. Since gibberellic acid is used to encourage seed germination, as well as fruit set, I wonder if spraying the business end of cuttings with one of the tomato-set GA products would work. My messing about with GA spray has produced varied results. It set, probably, 100 fruits on the Barbados cherry, but it seems to have killed off two large branches on a natal plum when sprayed on those flowers.

Incidentally, this is what was reported on another list recently about "willow water"--keep fresh-cut willow twigs in untreated water until they root. Once they root, replace them with cuttings you want to root. That "until they root" was new to me, and could make a difference. Gonna try with some Barbados cherry cuttings as soon as I find a suitably aesthetic container to add to Ms. Fatma's water-rooting shelf.

And, no, I'm not hung up on the Barbados cherry. But I do want two or three more bushes and the one I have needs very much to be pruned.