Re: Iowans- you ok?

In a message dated 11/13/05 10:53:22 PM, red4@omni-tech.net writes:

> Apparently 7 tornados
> were either spotted or touched down in that area.

Rich, you must have scooted right out.   We were lingering to hear the Q & A
with Dan and then they announced we should all remain in the auditorium as
that was the designated storm protection area.   Football fans were directed to
the Coliseum next door but some did come into our bldg just as Dan was
entertaining by reading from his book such things as you are a 'red neck when .....'
and ridiculous garden poems.   He did explain to those who had wondered in
that we had just finished a garden event.   I looked for you but didn't know
where you were sitting.   Did you head back home immediately?   I believe they
now say there were 10 twisters in the area.   2 young guys individually filmed
the storm which has been shown on TV.   One filmed the storm hitting his own
home.   Not to smart a move, I would say.   The storm was within 7 miles in a
couple of directions of my daughters home.   I had called her from the
auditorium but they were in Des Moines.   They did not have damage.
The storm was within a very short distance of the campus.   How fortunate it
did not hit there with thousands of people moving about in the stands and
tailgating in the parking lots.
     Rich, it was good to see you again.   I would love to be able to meet
when we had more time to talk.   Do you visit Diane frequently?
     I am not having computer problems.   I am just not getting all garden
chat messages.   I am on several quilting lists   on yahoo and get them fine.
I am receiving them in digest form, however.   I got a new computer in Aug but
still have AOL service which my son keeps telling me to chg but I don't want
to chg my address.   I have not heard from Chris regarding my mail.   Today I
have a lot from gardenchat so maybe things are moving again.
     It is cold & windy today.   Very little rain came with the storms.   It
is so dry but I am sure Pam is drier than we are.