To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:30 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Iowans- you ok?

No, I've never collected the saffron. I planted these about 16 years ago
and though they had died out long ago - they're in a terrible spot. They
made me smile though. One year when my nephew was in first grade, his class
was "studying" flowers. He came over and got some samples from my yard to
take to school. The teacher was amazed. She'd never heard of a
fall-blooming crocus. Of course, this made Sam feel very important.
Sam will be home for Thanksgiving, then off to Baghdad for a second
year-long tour. I'm more fearful for him this time around.

Kitty
----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>