Re: Winter is coming

In Natural History, I read an article that says that drought stress often
doesn't result in more nuts.  The trees often have a non-weather related
cycle that has to do with continuation of species.  I have certainly seen
it in our area.  Sometimes, when we have a normal or wet period, we get
lots of nuts.  This year, we have lots of black walnuts and hickories but
not as many acorns and pinecones.  I'll try to find the article and send
the cite on.
ETN Zone 7