Re: update Sam

Kitty, I'm sorry to hear about Sam, although maybe it will turn out to
be a good thing if it delays his arrival in Baghdad. Hope he heals well.
He's in my thoughts and prayers as well as Jesse's Neal.

Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center <4042N15@nationalhearing.com> wrote:
This just in from my sister: (though I'm not clear on which hand is broken -
he's a southpaw)

broken hand: Sam tripped & fell last week while on a PT run and probably
broke it then. At the end of the week, he had his PT test. He complained
that it hurt to try push ups. His Sgt wouldn't let him go on sick call and
refused to postpone the test because Sam hadn't already gone on sick call
(Catch 22?). To pass the test, he had to do 42 push ups. He managed 30.
He did most of them left handed after the first 10. The doctor thinks that
is probably what caused the most damage.

His Sgt gave him grief for going on sick call. Sam countered with a threat
to file a formal complaint of forcing a soldier to do push ups with a broken
hand. At this time, they're at a standstill.

Iraqi options: 1) Other people in the company will be delayed going to Iraq
until February, 2006. One Sgt is completing a noncom school and one soldier
is recovering from a broken foot. 2) Sam could be sent to Kuwait with the
company. When they go on to Iraq, he stays in Kuwait to heal. There is
talk that they are scheduled for a one month layover in Kuwait, so that
would be a sensible move. 3) Sam goes on to Iraq with the company and does
radio (dispatch) work and then go into the field when his hand heals.

The 21st is supposed to leave for Iraq around 12/15/05. Sam's MD appt to
check out his hand is 12/13/05. Gee, there's nothing like last minute...

Kitty