Re: Loss

Yeah, it is sad. She was a beauty--five large stems, trunks really. But you're right; opportunity, it is. We never did like it where it was planted--it was there when we bought the place--and talked several times about getting someone to move it.

On Nov 17, 2005, at 2:59 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

It's a loss Jim, but also an opportunity to enjoy something new in that
spot. I gather she lived a fine life up until recently. Still, I suppose
it was a sad thing to see the old girl succumb.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:14 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Loss

Asian scale finally did in the old queen sago. I yanked all the fronds
off earlier today so the yard-trash patrol could haul them away. The
scale, which blows easily, was so thick in the air that it looked like
a mini snow storm. Now we have a gaping hole in the barrier between the
front patio and the street.

Site will have to be cleaned up before we decide what to plug the hole
with. Fortunately, Cycas genus [essentially king and queen sagos in my
neighborhood] are the only plants that seem to fall victim to the
scale, so the infestation will eventually die out without further
consequence I suspect and won't be a problem for whatever the
replacement is.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W