Re: update Sam

No, it would be like I do to one of my kids when they are a complete
knucklehead...like some Italian mother who slaps them upside the head
and says, "what's the matter with you, huh, why you acting so
crazy?...." Enough to get their attention. Man...I've seen my son's
drill sergeants....they look half crazed. Now WHY on EARTH would I want
to spend four months of my life having some lunatic sergeant scream at
me. My son comes home and does imitations of them and I'm just floored.
He knows better to complain to me because my response is "well...YOU
signed up for this...." Its not like we have a draft.

I love my son, and I totally support him, but I do NOT support this war.  At all.  It's just wrong.

"kmrsy@netzero.net" <kmrsy@netzero.net> wrote:
>>>I'd pop 'em one and leave. See...I KNOW that about
myself. I am a peace-loving person. I do not like violence,<<<

Would you "pop'em" with bubblegum?
;+)

Kitty

-- Jesse Bell wrote:
Geez...me neither. The first time a drill sergeant screamed in my face
with bad breath I'd pop 'em one and leave. See...I KNOW that about
myself. I am a peace-loving person. I do not like violence, yelling,
stupidity, etc. Just can't go there. I like sleeping in a comfortable
bed and going to bed when I feel like it. I like a hot bath every
night...not a shower. So how I gave birth to a "jar head" I will never
know. He loves it. Really loves it. He likes the food (now I KNOW my
cooking is better than a MRE), he likes the "war games". It just boggles
my mind. He is just one of those "warrior souls" that came into this
world with a mission to join the military. I was born into a military
family KNOWING that I would never be like that. Go figure. Life is a
mystery sometimes.

Jess

james singer wrote:
You have my admiration, man. I can't imagine 30 years.

On Nov 17, 2005, at 1:44 PM, Rich Apking wrote:

> Ya know Jesse, I spent over 30 years in the Army, couldn't figure them
> out
> while in basic training, and was still quite puzzled when I retired.
> About
> the closest you'll come is to think of the least logical solution to a
> problem, and you'll be close to the reaction. Don't ever assume that
> reality plays a role, and just remember every day is a treat, and
> every meal
> an adventure.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida