Re: Guesswork - Chris?

Doesn't answer your question, but what's the appeal of Acobat? I find it to be a royal pain--and yet another barrier to downloading information.

On Nov 17, 2005, at 6:20 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

I use my dad's computer at work (he died last year) It has Acrobat Reader
3.0 on it. I've got 5 or 6 on mine at home. I thought I might go ahead and
upgrade it, so I went to Adobe's free downloads and found system
requirements for Acrobat 4.0.5, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 all require Pentium
processors. The most recent version that does not require a Pentium is the
one that's already on his computer, 3.0

I posed this question once b4 for something else (though I don't recall what
it was) and Donna said she didn't think it mattered that my dad's computer
is not a Pentium (it's a Celeron). One might say, oh go ahead and try it,
waht could it hurt? But I think it can pose problems.

A year ago I had to renew my Norton AV. It asked if I wanted to upgrade to
the one that included anti-spyware, so I did. Well, now, every time I turn
on my computer I get weird messages alluding to the possibility that my AV
can't work, or something about Fat 32s , or some other nonsense. It still
updates my virus protection ( a lot more often than I ask it to), but it's
just another screwup I'm not happy about. They didn't show any requirements
or indicate my computer might not meet them.

so. Do I download Acrobat Reader 6.0.1 w/out a Pentium? I do meet the
other reqs.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W