Zone 9 CA shade plants

Someone has asked me about plants for a moist, shady area in central
northern California.  She said she has ridiculously good soil, heavy tree
canopy, and many microclimates.  Currently she has Ligularia, Alchemilla,
and Woodwardia in this new bed and was asking about Rodgersia.  Rodgersia
does well here, but I couldn't say how it does in her location.  Does anyone
have suggestions of plants for her? Especially David, Barb, and Theresa? -
others welcome to chime in too.