Re: Zone 9 CA shade plants

Kitty, what town is she near? so I can check what the Sunset zone is. She must be north of me to have any conditions that can be considered moist! And if so there will be lots she can grow.
--Barb, Grass Valley CA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" <4042N15@nationalhearing.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 10:55 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Zone 9 CA shade plants

Someone has asked me about plants for a moist, shady area in central
northern California. She said she has ridiculously good soil, heavy tree
canopy, and many microclimates. Currently she has Ligularia, Alchemilla,
and Woodwardia in this new bed and was asking about Rodgersia. Rodgersia
does well here, but I couldn't say how it does in her location. Does anyone
have suggestions of plants for her? Especially David, Barb, and Theresa? -
others welcome to chime in too.

Kitty