Re: Roll Call.... everyone alright

Ahh- now i get it. Our sewer access is in the drive way about 2 feet from the garage door. The other one is in my front garden. I had to get an additional extended cover thing (I know- nice technical term) that I put over the existing cover to keep all the dirt from burying it.

Theresa

Gene Bush wrote:

Hello Teresa,
Different parts of the country have different codes, so I do not know how much applies to you, but.... Someplace outside the home there is access to your sewer line. A cap that screws off so the plumber can gain access to the pipe to run a rooter thought it to clean it out when stopped up. Most places in the big cities will have back flow traps, which is supposed to keep the materials from flowing in your direction. A line can be accessed from this as well, but it is usually buried at the edge of the property. Back flows are not the greatest invention, but .....
Technically, what I am doing is not legal or something you really want to do unless it is a last ditch effort in a situation. You do not want raw sewage in your yard.. just better than in your home.
The furnace man says they will be here to replace our ducts and vents this week.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>

Gene- for those of us who don't know what a drain trap is- can you explain? Might save me or someone else the headache you've been dealing with.
Theresa