Re: Guess everyone survived

We had a great meal at my sister's house. My niece Megan and her SO,
Mike discussed their wedding, April 01, 2006. My nephew Sam and his GF
showed us her ring finally, they are planning on Sep 2008. After dinner
I force-fed my sister how to enter her Cmas card list into a database I
had prepared for her. Gosh she acts like it's something she couldn't
possibly do. Then we played euchre. I went home, watched CSI and then
went to bed, really tired.

I work Fri and Sat. so tonight I'll make cookies and such for Sam's open
house tomorrow aftn and drop them off in the am. Sunday I'll probably go
to the MG nursery and finish putting it to bed which mainly involves
covering the pots with leaves. I already did this with my own pots this
past Tuesday. I only put the leaves on top at home. For the outer
perimeter of both pot groupings (one frontyard, one back) I placed those
foldable short fences around them just a few inches out. Then I took
sections of straw and placed them between the fencing and the pots. It
made a nice neat insulation; the straw bales break perfectly into
sections that are just about the right thickness. i also managed to
bring in all the garden ornamentation including lots of stepping stones.

As to temps - I think Donna mentioned earlier - the wind chill took it
to nearly 0. It was a cold holiday. They expect it to warm a bit for
next week.

Kitty

-- james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net> wrote:
the groaning board, so what's on the agenda for the weekend? Our
weather will continue into the 80s both Saturday and Sunday, so we'll
probably be cleaning up some areas and doing a little planting here and
there. Also, there's a Georgia O'Feeffe exhibit at the Tampa Museum of
Art, so may try to check that out.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W