Re: Guess everyone survived

There's a great Southern gothic novel hiding in my family. My brother spent his inheritance then sold all the family heirlooms. Now he lives with different friends and plays blues guitar in bars. My sister ran away with a man she met in an online pool room. My children usually do not speak. Yesterday we celebrated Thanksgiving at my daughter's house. The "we" included my daughter, her husband and three children, my son and his daughter, my sister's husband (to whom she is still married) and their two sons. The best things about our being together were the delicious food, and there was no drama. :-) I loved it.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Guess everyone survived

We had my mother in law, 2 of our daughters, our son, 1 son in law & 5 grandchildren. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes & gravy, the token cranberry sauce, challah rolls, Waldorf salad, relish tray, forgot the pickles, broccoli, and aplle cranberry crisp & vanilla cheesecake with raspberry huckleberry cherry sauce. I was able to restrain myself to small portionsm but later splurged with a slice of cheesecake & topping.
Skipped the shopping crunch this am, ate some leftovers. So far I've not worked, low census yesterday & on call today. We'll see about the next 3 days. We have little debt, so told the supervisor, I'd just as soon be the one to stay home, if someone else needs to work. Will probably look at stuff I got for the grandkids & start wrapping gifts tomorrow, maybe start thinning my book collection.
Pam the zinnia seeds arrived. Thanks again
Judy B z 6 Idaho, not as cold,rainy today.