Re: speakers

I've not heard him speak, but have had numerous email exchanges with
him over the years as he has most generously given me permission to
use his images in assorted articles.

I would think, from what I know of him, that he would be a very
entertaining speaker...well worth hearing.  He certainly knows a lot
about tissue culture plants.

One thing ya' gotta keep in mind as he talks about Heuchera and other
of his introductions - the bulk of which, I understand, were either
discovered or originally bred by others - he puts them in tissue
culture and then introduces them to the trade -  is that he's in the
PNW, so some of his plants will not perform quite as well in
different climate conditions because, primarily, of their parentage.
He tries, I think, to have them trialed around the country before
release, but I have found that some (particularly the Heuchera) are
not happy in my climate and tend to dwindle out after a few years.
Not that they aren't lovely to start with and well worth growing if
you are prepared to replace them after a bit.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Shadyside Garden Designs