Re: US Garden Centers

It probably was taken through the phone books.   I think it was  one of those
new tech searches, like the GPS systems that come in vehicles  now that can
show you every McDonalds and gas station.....it too doesn't show  the smaller
individual owned stations.  Definitely not very inclusive and  did say it was
Garden Centers and nurseries.....which I assume would mean larger  ones, but,
I've found that usually folks that work in even the box stores can  recommend
other more unique places.   I know here in Houston many of  the folks that work
in garden centers are plant enthusiasts and can usually  point you in a
direction of other places.  It's a starting point anyway, I  would think.  Heck, I
consider myself a well informed person when it comes  to nurseries in this
area, and yet every month I am told about a new one that is  even in my immediate
area that I knew nothing about.   Recently found  out about some specialty
orchid nurseries that I knew nothing about, less than  10 minutes from me.  Woo
hoo.  LOL
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 10/31/2006 11:02:24 PM Central Standard Time,