To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 7:56 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Well...it's cold!!! What is the best time to prune?

This morning I awoke to a 13 F wind chill and actual temp of 20 F. All but
the one of two trees have dropped their leaves. Should I wait for the
ground to freeze before I prune or can I do that now? I've got a Rose of
Sharon and a number of walnuts that need a bit of pruning. What do all of
you recommend?

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)