Re: Well, it's wet.....beautyberry......orchids

Interesting, Bonnie.  Thanks for sharing about your garden.   Sounds lovely
living between the mountains and a lake.  This part of Texas,  unfortunately is
FLAT, FLAT, FLAT.  LOL  We do have lots of water  around though.  Sometimes
too much.
Doubt the water is the cause.  I had planted the Beautyberry in the  backyard
which I give lots of supplimental water to.  This is where I have  many of my
moisture loving plants.  If anything it might have been too much
supplimental water perhaps.  Either that or the soil.  No idea.   Perhaps one day I'll
try again.  Not sure, perhaps in the spring.....we'll  see.
Went to vote today and stopped at an orchid wholesale nursery  that I
recently learned about near here.  Unfortunately I heard it is  going out of
business.  Oh my gosh...good thing they took cash only, or I  might have truly gone
NUTS.  LOL   The man has been in business  for over 30 years.......and wouldn't
you know, I just NOW find out about  it.  Geesh.  Probably a good
thing....although I do intend to go back  several more times before he closes for good.
WOO HOO......happy  day.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 11/7/2006 11:05:56 AM Central Standard Time,