Re: Well, it's wet.....beautyberry

Nobody in my immediate area has it that I've seen.  In town (anywhere  in the
Houston viscinity east of me) can grow this without ANY special attention
whatsoever.  That's what makes it even more infuriating.   LOL   Just like the
Azaleas.  Houston is well known for it's  Azalea trail, in the spring.  It's a
garden/home tour put on by the posh  River Oaks Garden Club, of various
member's homes.  The Azaleas are  effortless for them.  Out here, we are lucky if we
can grow them at all,  much less have them to be lush and blooming.
I was just rather surprised that Jim was able to grow it in his area,
obviously their soil is more acidic than ours here.  Perhaps  it is the sandier
soil....since soil above I-10 (actually the major Bayou) is  more sandy than we
are here in the southern parts.  Perhaps that has  something to do with it also.
 Who knows.  Such is life......win some  lose some.  HA!
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 11/7/2006 11:02:30 PM Central Standard Time,