Re: now Horticulture

I'm sure you're right, Kitty.  I guess part of my motivation was that I was
just stubborn enough to want to excell in those "unfeminine" topics.  It
was constantly made clear to me by my grandmother who raised me
that I was not as pretty or talented as my mother had been (she was
apparently a beautiful blonde and a very talented musician - I was a
dumpy redhead and only a competent pianist - not talented).  I was
determined to be the best at something, and math and science was
where I could excel.  Anybody could do home ec., I thought.  In fact,
I was already a pretty good cook.  But it just seems to me that you
just absorb some things, even if you aren't taught them.  Oh well. At
least they do seem to enjoy learning these things now.

In a message dated 11/16/2006 6:17:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,