Re: now Horticulture

Hello Auralie,
I once asked an editor about that.... was told they do, indeed, come back to the same old same old, for that is what gardeners want and there are always new ones coming into the fold and wanting the magazine. Ever noticed how one mag will cover a certain plant and it will be in an issue of another mag the same month or close to it? Couple of times when I have suggested something not in the mainstream as yet ... the answer is no on a feature article... frustrate too many gardeners for they will not be able to find the plants easily. You can not get too far of the curve........
   Internet is changing things... stay tuned.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

I find that is a problem for me, more and more. Also, I have found that after about four years a magazine begins to repeat topics. I can understand this
more now that I have been writing a newsletter for my club for the last 16
years and find it harder and harder to find a new topic.  I think our
problem may be that we have already read and studied so many things
that what appeals to the "average" person seems elementary to us.
snip......
Auralie