Re: Speaking of pots...

Great idea, Jim! You could send it into "Fine Gardening" -- they publish hints from readers every month, most of them quite good --
--Barb Tandy, Grass Valley CA
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2006 9:04 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Speaking of pots...

I found an easy way to mend cracks in clay pots and keep the cracks from getting larger or leaking. Clean the pots out, scrub along the crack line with soapy water, rinse, and dry. Then cut a piece of plastic window screen 2 inches wide and as long as the pot is deep. Spread a generous amount of Goop along the crack on the inside of the pot and imbed the screen in the Goop. When the Goop hardens, spread Goop over the entire screen and sort of trowel it so the entire screen is glued to the pot. Let it dry over night; re-plant it. I've saved a couple of large, expensive clay pots this way.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10