Re: Mineral collection on terra cotta pots

I'm glad you had a good time. Good to have you back. ----- Original Message ----- From: <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 6:50 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Mineral collection on terra cotta pots

I have always been told that the crusty salts could damage foliage -
I know African Violet growers think it is important to remove the salts.
I guess it is not so important in plants that don't have foliage that rests on the edge of the pot as African Violet foliage does.
If you are entering the plant in a Standard Flower Show, mineral
deposits on the pot would be a point or two off.  It's not a bad idea
to use a brush to scrub the pot if it gets pretty crusty.
Auralie