Re: Birding trip

Every so often, I see flocks of snow geese in migration very high in
the sky. Two years ago, for an exciting 3 days, we had a blue morph
snow goose resting at our pond. In our neck of the woods, the big
sight is the bald eagles in winter at the lock and dam on the
Mississippi. Saw 70+ one day. Wild rice with water chestnuts sounds
good. Might you share the recipe? Bracing ourselves for a real winter
storm here - 1 inch of rain so far, and the temperature is dropping.
Looks like significant ice before morning (not to mention snow on top
of it!). At least the last of my fall spinach and lettuce are
harvested.... Back to Christmas tree decorating!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b