From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Bonnie Holmes
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 9:44 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Everyone must be....

My husband found some outgoing bills of one of our neighbors in the
bushes
during one of his many walks.  I encouraged the neighbor to report it,
which he did.  The Postal Inspector happened to be there and advised him
always put his outgoing bill payments in one of the official blue postal
boxes or the outgoing in the Post Office to avoid ID theft.  When a
thief
has your outgoing check, he has your account number, the bank routing
number and your signature...they don't need much to set up a fake.  So
sorry, I know this must have been a real pain.  Hope you weren't out too
much.  Many banks have a limit on your responsibility.

We are still in the middle of a terrible drought...worst one in 98 of
the
last 100 years.  Even if we have a wet winter, the weather people are
saying that it will take 10 years to recover and get back to normal
because
our rain fall is fairly evenly distributed throughout the year rather
than
in one season.  September did bring us some rain but not enough to help
the
ground water...if you dig down three feet, you hit bone dry soil.  Right
now, the only thing that is helping is the TVA dam system...else, we
would
all be out of water.  I'm letting most of my plants survive on their own
and hope they make it.  UGH.