Re: holly pollinators

I ended up having to add pollinators for decidious hollies even though I
had some hollies in my yard.  Seems that the blooming time for some
varieties differ so I needed pollinators that bloomed at the same time.

The condition of some of my trees concerns me.  Even though I did some
watering during the height of heat and drought, several trees are looking
bad, especially the evergreens.  I lost a hemlock and may loose three
two-story high spruce...planted in 1979.  If the heat and drought continue,
I'm not sure they will make it even if I water.   Although we live on the
Tennessee River and most of our trees are fairly near the lake, the soil
tends to be dry shade due to the wind.  Also, am losing a pine due to the
Southern bore...previously, the winters here kept their numbers down but
with the recent warming, the bores survive in large numbers and have taken
out most of the pines.

My husband suggests just replacing the spruce but I'm inclined to wait to
see what the climate brings...if we have another summer like this past one,
I'm not sure we could keep them alive.

Don't