Re: Off topic... cat introduction

canned air blast?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Off topic... cat introduction

My kitten is oblivious to spray bottles. But, what has worked with all of my cats (including the new kitten) is to blow on them (as hard as you can). Sounds weird, but it does work. So, I say "no" and them blow on them. She's getting the idea now, and sometime I only need to say no. I came upon this idea by accident, as I was cooking and didn't want to touch the cat, so this was my "hands free" solution to a cat where it didn't belong.

Theresa

Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:
Our cats are coming to terms with our two kittens finally. There is
still some hissing and spitting going on but the oldest one doesn't have
too many problems with them - I suspect it's because she likes food so
much she won't avoid them at chow time. The orange kitty still isn't
terribly happy about the whole thing but she's calmed down some. I think
the kitty pheromone stuff has helped a little but it wasn't a miracle
cure. Adding a third litter box and making sure they're clean has really
helped (but not 100% cured) our problem with that. If it weren't for
orange kitty I think it would be much easier.
The kittens have their appointment for spaying next week, hope that goes
well. Almost 5 months old and they are still insane. Any door opened,
even the dishwasher, has a kitten trying to get to the other side. They
insist on trying to sit on our shoulders, they are certain every paper
product is meant to be shredded, and despite continual attacks with the
spray bottle they just KNOW that one day we're going to let them eat off
our dinner plates. And of course, they're very cute.

Cyndi