Re: baking

Is she a bad mother? I've had some hens that didn't do a good job of mothering, but others did as good or better a job as I have, so I'd leave the babies with their mom.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] baking

Well, we don't know WHERE she hid, but we suspect it was a storage shed that has a big gap under the door. She is now gone AGAIN and I'm sure she is hiding more eggs now that I have taken her babies inside. DOH!! So, this weekend we will be looking for her. It's too dark when we get home from work. It takes 21 days for eggs to hatch. So, she was gone for 27-28 days because the eggs hatch about one-a-day. And you can tell which chick was first born and which one is the last to be born, just by size.

After a little romp with rooster boy, her eggs can be fertile for several days. I have to find those eggs. I don't need anymore babies right now.