serving suggestion

I'm a little bit helpless. I just do not cook much. And now that my oven died, I have had to reinvent my 'club' dinner. It's just 6 or 7 women I went to school with and it's my turn to host it.

What I'd like to know, is how people serve the breads they dip in oil; thought someone might know. I had purchased extra virgin olive oil for a baked potato horsdoerves, and now have no oven. I got some specialty breads and wondered if I should serve the oil on the side. But I think it's supposed to have something else, too. Is it parmesan cheese?

I can't bake my pie so I ordered a white choc raspberry cake roll from a specialty shop. Lasagna is out so I'm going with mosticioli made with some organic ingredients. I got a blend of 5 cheeses to sprinkle on top - maybe I should have picked up some parmesan.

neIN, Zone 5