RE: Greenhouse problems

James,

I was thinking of putting them in with my cacao and chocolate trees which
currently are in a glasshouse case in the living room with several other
"high heat and high humidity plants"! I will move them into the greenhouse
once I know how it does this winter. I would hate to lose them if the
greenhouse cannot hold the right amount of heat plus I do not have a back up
heat source yet. Although I know kerosene is not the best choice we have
talked about getting a kerosene heater just in case of power outage until we
can get the wood burner in next spring.

Do you think they will like the added humidity, or do you think I am going
to run into problems?

I plan to have a twenty foot greenhouse eventually. We will build up ten
feet and dig down ten feet to achieve this. Of course this will take time
and will happen as the plants grow. Any plant that gets more than about
eighteen feet, except my one aloe, which will grow to twenty feet, will get
severe pruning. I would assume it would be the flower on the aloe, and not
the actual plant, that grows that tall so a flower should not really damage
my ceiling.

I plan to install wall mounted electric heat with fans as well as a wood
burner to help heat the greenhouse. We also will add ceiling fans as needed.

Thanks,
Sheri