Re: Today in the garden

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Today in the garden
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 16:14:15 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=j2v4Oi5R7LFNpuJERdjX5NaBovxZ39IgKOiANYPu7cI=; b=BjZHiBVz7kjLeONG0pJaD3K5jD7hH7h9zyE3L/w8s9zMfwpA51u0ESXcrVsO8jWegP bgqzevTiLctQZZj2TDY3FH0TjGa8vdcKIkH+HpyQxbYAI8MuDeG7+2q7MSrGu8fcCGDl g4MISeaL1sz64chHkQQC5oEokeP1ZHjapnaqw=

I love germander sage & the greggiis!   Everything that gets killed by
drought gets replaced w/ one.  No, they are not as flashy as dinner plate
size hibiscus, but they bloom about 10 months out of 12 here, they're
evergreen and the butterflies, bees and hummingbirds ALL love them and
planting peppers next to one really increases the yield (due to increased
pollination no doubt).   That's glorious enough for me at this point.  And
w/ the climate changing, plants like that will be more useful than ever!  Do
you prune your greggiis in Spring?

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX