Re: loquat update

I'm curious as to the quality of fruit we get.  Despite being almost
completely defoliated by Ike, our loquat has more buds this year than in  previous
years.  Perhaps it's was the fear of it's life that set it into  overdrive.
It was always a straight, upright tree, but now is leaning at an
angle...doesn't seem to have affected it much though.
Citrus retained it's fruit through the storm, despite the foliage being
severely damaged.  I suppose because the citrus are not that large, they  were
more protected by the taller surrounding trees...and they didn't get hit as  much
by any falling debris.  We were able to stand the citrus that was  leaning
back up, and stake them, so they would stand upright again.....which  wasn't
possible with the loquat or fig unfortunately...however neither of these  seem to
be bothered by their new posture.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 11/11/2008 5:45:32 PM Central Standard Time,