Re: loquat update

Hmmm- that is what mine looks like - maybe I'll get lucky : )

james singer wrote:
Buds first appear as clusters of cream-colored nubs.

On Nov 13, 2008, at 5:39 PM, Theresa G. wrote:

Looks like mine might have buds, but too soon for me to tell (and since I've never seen them before, I'm not sure what I'm looking at!) I'll keep you posted! I would be so excited if I get buds and fruit in the first year!
Theresa

james singer wrote:
Don't know about California, but this is the time of year in Florida when they start to bud up [depending on cultivar]. They are generally the first trees to fruit--which makes them susceptible to all kinds of goofy fluctuations in the winter weather. But given the right combinations temps over a period of time, and you get a terrific crop of very tasty fruit.