Re: Help choosing cold frames?

Aim for something with automatic cents or fans. Cold frames and greenhouses heat up something fierce during the day, and even with what looks like adequate heat sink material end up cooking plants, or keeping them in strong growth rather than going dormant, then freezing.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 10:54 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Help choosing cold frames?

Hi everyone,

  I'm trying to figure out what kind of cold frame I need to buy and
  set up for the nursery (which kind of languished this year for lack
  of time).  I need to overwinter plants in a poly-covered cold frame,
  but really have no idea what's involved.

  I've looked at frames like these:

     http://www.growerssolution.com/page/GS/PROD/hobby/20ftquonsetpkg
     http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/products.asp?dept=1018

  But I really don't know what's involved.  Do I need to buy extra
  pieces?  As far as storm doors go, are they just regular storm
  doors?  Are there certain things that I should look for?

Thanks so much for any help!

Chris