RE: {Disarmed} Our Home-Grown Melamine Problem

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: RE: {Disarmed} Our Home-Grown Melamine Problem
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:33:21 -0800

You can't eat anything anymore without worrying about it I guess. We eat
lots of our own home-grown lamb. And you think, well that ought to be
okay, we know what they eat - straight alfalfa grown locally - so (aside
from the whole red meat thing) it's healthy. But wait! What's in the
water they use for the alfalfa farms? Some of them are using biosolids
from the sewage plants for fertilizer, and partially treated water ditto
to water it...so now we have to find out where the hay comes from. Our
chickens eat basically "chicken chow" and what's in that, no one knows,
now we should figure out new food sources for them too? I grow my
vegetables in soil enriched with large quantities of manure from both
those sheep and the chickens. Makes my head hurt.

Cyndi