Re: {Disarmed} Our Home-Grown Melamine Problem

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: {Disarmed} Our Home-Grown Melamine Problem
  • From: "Jesse Bell" <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:34:00 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=Ww4LGFb21YRWDBhPItEef3g/E+Sjj/hyfpfu6klPMaE=; b=nSt8FTkg+gy3ddKfgZjSU6Vb0AeMbRDdUMvk1tLkwqIXKvFzHeCPzyRUwXf14ffv5H g5GYtEgN1ouMFxEL7LTLwIFhHtnFAprZ3VHdo10Ke1MctxdxTH9rPjE8di4UxDyfYIuu B45cXwHowNSQ78UDvq0MqCHziLFRZmgfqUVHQ=

Ya know...I just rake up the leaves to watch the chickens go nuts.  My
husband thinks I'm a bit crazy.  And I'll put a couple of trugs full of
leaves in their chicken coop to scratch around and play with.  I just get
amused watching them get all silly about a pile of leaves.  Not much
different than watching your kids rake up the leaves, only to turn around
and jump in them.
I get my grain from a local mill as well.  And there is a Quiznos (like a
Subway) across the street from where I work that just throws away their
bread at the end of the day.  Sometimes I'll go over there and ask for the
leftovers for my chickens...and THAT is a banner day for them.  Talk about
noise....man, they come RUNNING when they see the big bowl of bread crumbs
coming their way.  I give bread crumbs to my ducks and "Lady Chatsworth"
too.  And I give them scraps from the kitchen as well.  They love that