Re: Hibiscus

Bourbon, cinnamon sticks, cloves, lemon juice and sugar/honey for me. Cures whatever you have!
Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Nov 18, 2008, at 4:54 PM, Pam Evans wrote:

I love Red Zinger. And it makes a good base for a most excellent hot toddy
when you are sick (RZ tea, honey, peach brandy).

On 11/18/08, Patricia Dickson <pdickson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

My very all time favorite tea is Tazo tea.. herbal tea named
"Passion".  The
main ingredient is hibiscus flowers.
"A magical blend of hibiscus, lemongrass, rose hips, mango & passion fruit
flowers."
I think I will go fix a cup right now....
Tricia

--- On Tue, 11/18/08, james singer <islandjim1@comcast.net> wrote:

From: james singer <islandjim1@comcast.net>
Subject: [CHAT] Hibiscus
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 11:03 AM

David, others if interested. We had a discussion some time ago about
hibiscus tea. I just got an e-mail from a nice woman at Tufts
University who recently published a study of the anti-oxidant
properties of Red Zinger tea [high]. The basis of Red Zinger, she
said, is H. sabdariffa--common name roselle. She said it's used in
many of Celestial Seasonings herbal teas. So drink up!

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'